NYC Contract Disputes Law Firm
Businesses should anticipate that disputes will arise wherever there are contractual dealings, commercial transactions and business relationships. Contract disputes are a normal and common business problem that clients regularly call upon Szendel PLLC to handle, whether it involves customers, suppliers, service providers, employees, investors or co-owners.
Szendel PLLC has been able to resolve countless contract disputes by implementing our proven Dispute Resolution Process, without the need to step foot in court. While some contract disputes will ultimately require litigation to be resolved, Szendel’s objective is always to achieve the most expeditious and cost-effective resolution that accomplishes our clients’ goals.
Szendel’s contract dispute resolution practice encompasses a broad-range of contracts and in various industries and includes disputes involving the following issues:
- Breach of contract
- Anticipatory breach/ repudiation
- Disputes over contract terms
- Disputes over contract validity and enforceability
- Implied Contracts
- UCC related contracts and disputes involving sale of goods
- Statute of Frauds
- Unjust Enrichment
- Quantum Meruit
- Promissory Estoppel
- Choice of Law and jurisdictional issues
- Disputes over contract boilerplate
- Arbitration clauses in contracts
- Specific performance
- Represented financial services consulting firm in dispute with third-party staffing agency alleging breach of contract and fraud and threatening action involving potential damage to lucrative business relationships. Negotiated expeditious and favorable settlement under volatile circumstances preventing unnecessary litigation costs and mitigating client’s damages.
- Obtained settlement in favor of angel investor shortly after filing complaint in breach of contract dispute stemming from investment agreement with fashion-industry startup.
- Negotiated pre-litigation settlement agreement on behalf of architectural consultant in dispute concerning collection of fees owed by international interior design firm avoiding litigation.
- Represented software development startup in non-payment dispute with contract programmer. Disposed of all claims through pre-litigation negotiation.
- Represented restaurant and food truck entrepreneur in dispute with business associate based on promissory note. Facilitated prompt settlement for full amount due after filing motion for summary judgment in lieu of complaint.
- Negotiated settlements with several independent contractors in avoidance of prolonged litigation on behalf of real estate development and consulting startup.
- Negotiated settlement in response to breach of contract lawsuit against consulting services and staffing company avoiding potentially costly litigation.
If you are involved in a contract dispute with another business or individual, please contact us today for a consultation to discuss the specifics of your dispute and how we can work to resolve it quickly for you.